Identifying which headband you have
How you connect a Muse 2014 headband with Bluetooth is different from how you connect a Muse 2016 headband with Bluetooth. To tell which model of headband you have look for the identifying differences shown in the table below.
|Model printed inside left earpiece||Color of "muse" text outside left earpiece||Power Button inside right earpiece||Number of USB ports|
|Muse 2014||MU-01||Grey||Blank button with no symbol||2|
|Muse 2016||MU-02||Blue||Power symbol appears on the button||1|
Connecting a Muse 2016 headband
Muse 2016 uses Bluetooth Low Energy technology to broadcast its availability to nearby devices. As such, pairing the headband with the computer or mobile device is not required. All you need to do is turn the headband on and wait for the device to detect it.
Connecting a Muse 2014 headband
Muse 2014 headbands use classic Bluetooth to establish the connection so the headband must be paired with the computer or mobile device before you can connect to it.
To pair a Muse 2014 headband, you have to pair the headset with device using the device’s Bluetooth settings. This was normally accomplished using the following steps:
- In the Settings menu of your device, tap/select Bluetooth.
- Put Muse into Pairing Mode by holding the button down for five seconds until all five LEDs begin flashing on and off in unison. Release the button.
- If there is a Search for Available Devices or similar button, tap it.
- After a few seconds Muse will appear in the list of Available Devices. Tap on it.
- If you are prompted to accept a pairing request from Muse, tap Accept.
- Wait a few seconds for the pairing process to complete. When it is complete, Muse will be added to the list of Paired Devices.
If you are having trouble connecting your headband to a computer, you may need to use a USB Bluetooth Dongle even if your computer has Bluetooth built in. Below is a list of USB Bluetooth dongles that have been tested and establish a good connection with Muse 2014 headbands.
|Kinivo BTD-400||CSR8510 Bluetooth 4.0 USB|
|ASUS USB BT-400|
|Insignia USB Bluetooth Adapter|